Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Misplaced Childs Hoodies – Youth Work Rocks 2005

Misplaced Childs Hoodies – Youth Work Rocks 2005

Apocolyptica – Life Burns
Coheed and Cambria – Ten Speed
And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead – Worlds Apart
Neal Morse – The Mans Gone
System of a Down – Radio/Video
Dead Soul Tribe – Toy Rockets
Threshold – Static
Alterbridge – Open Your Eyes
Dream Theatre – I Walk Beside You
Opeth – Hope Leaves
Porcupine Tree – Shallow/Lazarus
Nightwish – Nemo
Sonata Arctica – My Seine
Within Temptation – Angels
Gov’t Mule – Same Price
Spocks Beard – As Long as We Ride
Blind Guardian – Valhalla

Billy’s first ‘best of’ follows a path quite similar to my own and we have 6 crossover acts, although Nightwish remain the only band to feature on mine and Rob’s efforts. As I suspected Billy’s collection leans heavily toward the ‘new prog’ end of the spectrum and throws up a couple of things worthy of further investigation, in particular the new AYWKUBTTOD album and Porcupine Tree.

Special mention should also go to Alterbridge which, for some inexplicable reason, failed to make it onto my disc. The album was the best collection of modern rock music I have heard in a long time and I can only assume I sub-consciously excluded them to save myself the trauma of reliving the fact I missed their Carling Academy gig due to my ‘house arrest’.

No comments: