Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Labour Of Love

As you can see I wasn’t happy with the make-over that I gave the site a couple of days ago and I have spent the intervening few days trying get it to look something like it does now.

I have to say I never imagined it would be so damned difficult to do. I assumed that if I looked on the internet for blogger templates there would be millions of the buggers and I would easily find something suitable. Oh boy was I wrong. Don’t get me wrong there were loads out there but very few simple yet classy designs that were shouting “come and use me Chris”. So what you see today is the result of butchering a couple of designs, using what amounted to the computer equivalent of a chainsaw, and stitching them back together in a slightly haphazard manner. This was not pretty surgery.

My job was not made any easier by the fact I don’t have a clue about html or whatever it is these things are designed with so my days have been spent changing numbers in the code one at a time and trying to see what effect that had. Eventually I ended up with this design and I’m quite pleased with the results, I just don’t think I could repeat it if I tried. Special thanks must go to FreeFoto.com for the picture and I would recommend the site to anyone looking for some quality photographic content.

2 comments:

Sid Smith said...

Well done on the revamp Chris - you now qualify as an expert in the field. I've been thinking about trying to get my page redesigned but given the prospect of all that coding, I'd rather slam my hand repeatedly in a drawer.

Chris said...

Trust me, the drawer option would be the more enjoyable.