Friday, February 03, 2006

Alive

Just in case you were wondering I am still alive. A combination of mild depression, fatigue, an appalling internet connection and work has kept me away from the computer. Yes that’s right work. As of Wednesday the 25th I’ve been back to work, although I haven’t picked up my patient workload because I don’t know how long I will have before my surgery. So for the moment I am just coordinating the set up of a couple of new trials and any other odds and ends I can help other people with.

It has been great being back and actually doing something constructive with my time. I must at this point thank everyone here in the unit for all the help they have given me since my return and their willingness to continue carrying the extra work I have lumbered them with. I’ll make it up to them all once I am able.

The depression has been the result of my continued wait for a surgical appointment and the seeming lack of concern exhibited by the Trust. I know I keep banging on about it but how the hell do ordinary patients cope with the stress the system causes? Anyway, I finally received my appointment to see Mr Hasan this week and will go to his clinic on the 15th of February. I assume the appointment will be an information giving exercise about the surgery and I will be given my surgical date there and then. Or is that just being too optimistic?

In anticipation of my impending surgery I now know I must do something about our internet connection. I have tried on a couple of occasions to post updates to the blog but the computer was having none of it, refusing even to connect to the update page. With the thought of three months or more recuperating and a dodgy internet connection I know that a new computer and broadband have moved from ‘would be nice’ to ‘f**king essential’! So time to finish sorting that back bedroom I guess.

I’ll back fill some details of the past couple of weeks over the weekend just you all have something to read other than me whinging.

No comments: