Friday, February 24, 2006

A Hero Is Born

It’s not that my presents have been burning a hole in my pocket or anything but when Gill phoned to say that she would be working late last night I took the opportunity to head over to Graeme and Sam’s to use and abuse one of their computers. I headed over without even knowing if they were in or not or announcing my impending arrival. Luckily they were in and didn’t turn me away at the door. After minimal pleasantries Sam said “So do you want to create a World of Warcraft character on the computer? Well do you? Eh? Eh?”

So it came to pass that Itwasntme the sneakiest rogue ever to set foot on Azjol Nerub was freed to wreak havoc upon the world. The loathsome ranks of the Horde were seen to quake in their very boots/sandals/hooves/bare feet at the news and rejoicing was heard throughout the lands of the Alliance. It wasn’t long before the legions of foul creatures that have been infesting the Alliance lands were put to the sword, wrongs were righted and I helped myself to some loot. News of my arrival also prompted a request from a prominent guild that I join their ranks, to which I agreed, and several members of said guild travelled to meet me and bestow me with gifts.

In other words I managed to haul my characters sorry ass through the starting quests without too many problems and Graeme managed to get in touch with the guild master, Steph’s brother Stu, and I was assimilated into their ranks. Graeme also brought his main character, a Gnome Warlock by the name of Koolar, down to Northshire Abbey to give me some gear and watch me beat up on some low levels grunts. A further guild Warlock also popped over to see me and ply me with several useful items including a couple of much sought after bags.

By the end of a couple of hours playing, during which Gill had turned up and I downed a couple of glasses of wine, I had managed to complete the starting quests and raise Itwasntme to level 7. As much as I really wanted to carry on I was aware that Gill wanted to be away to get something to eat and I was taking up valuable gaming time from Sam, so I called it quits before I pushed my luck too far. It was very enjoyable starting a character I knew I would be able to continue with once I had all my own gear in place and I believe Itwasntme and I are going to become very close over the following months.

No comments: