Thursday, July 06, 2006

Slave To The Grind

It has finally happened and I am back at work. How do I feel about this? Well to be honest, for a change, very positive. I was getting to that ‘caged animal’ stage at home. Despite reports to the contrary there is only so much time you can spend on World of Warcraft, or listening to music, or reading, or wandering aimlessly around town before work begins to look like an attractive proposal.

I’m here for a half day today before heading over to my rehab class. The initial idea of today was to discuss with Paddy just how we were going to manage my return to work. Like all great ideas there was a flaw, namely Paddy didn’t show up this morning and won’t be here until after I have left. So how have I used my time today? Well I’ve wandered around the department saying my hellos to people and catching up on 3 months of gossip. I'm glad to be back.

No comments: