Sunday, July 02, 2006

Abnormal Service Resumed

When, in my very first post for this blog, I stated that the posts may, on occasion, be a little infrequent even I didn’t expect a hiatus of nearly 2 months. There have been a number of factors associated with my lack of posting but nothing of any great import. I just have found other things to do. In truth I wasn’t even sure if I was going to make any further posts and Tyne Tales was just going to pass into history as another of my half hearted ‘projects’. However I have enjoyed posting here and although at times I have struggled for anything meaningful to say I will miss it if it were to go, so here I am with an attempt to get things moving again.

What has prompted this change of mind? A couple of things really, I have actually had a couple of messages asking me to update the site (I didn’t think anyone cared, thank you), and I’m about to return to work and I find the blog helps me focus on my life away from the hospital and appreciate it more. Strangely I also feel that I had more time to post whist I was working as opposed to now as I sit at home all day. Go figure.

OK I suppose an update of sorts is called for so now follows the main bits and pieces that would have appeared here had I been arsed.
  • Tomorrow was worse and poor Coral was put to sleep at 13:00 on Tuesday 9th May. The house has been a much quieter and emptier place without her presence. We miss her dreadfully still.

  • My surgeon, or at least his registrar, is very pleased with my recovery from surgery and a further ECHO scan has confirmed that the operation to have been successful.

  • I have commenced a twice weekly cardiac rehabilitation scheme which entails going to a sports centre and doing circuit training, *shudder*.

  • Been to 2 beer festivals which I’m quite sure don’t feature in any rehabilitation program. The first was in Edinburgh and Billy and I spent a very enjoyable day up in Scotland, the second in Corbridge in the Tyne Valley. I even took photos of each with the thought of posting a report, but there you go.

  • England get knocked out of the World Cup on penalties yet again. We played poorly and won, to a chorus of media disapproval. We played much better and lost, happy now you pen pushing gits?

  • The Tour de France starts in controversy, like England losing, no surprise there then.

OK I could go on but what’s the point? Let’s just accept things have been and gone and just take things from here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi m8,

Glad to see you posting again.

Al (as in Alasdair)