Thursday, July 13, 2006

Loss

Blogs can do some pretty weird things to you over time and one of the weirdest is becoming close to people you don’t really know. You read about their life’s ups and downs and become emotionally tied to their trials and tribulations feeling both pain and joy along with them. If you have had the pleasure, or otherwise, of meeting the subject of a blog this empathy is often intensified.

Today I have read, with great sadness, of the passing of Doreen Smith, a person who I believe I have actually met on a couple of fleeting occasions back in the eighties but whom I have grown to know through the words of her son. It is difficult to express the emotions I am feeling right now but I know they will be magnified a thousand fold for Sid and his family. I just want to take this opportunity pass on my deepest condolences and to tell Doreen that I miss her.

No comments: