Friday, March 03, 2006

Wow

With plenty of time to reflect on what my surgeon might say to when or indeed if, we ever meet I have to find something to keep myself occupied. Recently this has consisted of reading as much information about World of Warcraft as I can get my grubby mits on. There are a multitude of websites out there on the subject and a very healthy number of forums that debate the far end of a fart on all things WoW. No matter what you want to know on any possible subject concerning WoW there is an answer to that query out there waiting for you to read it. It’s quite fascinating looking at the information and wondering just how many hours it must have taken to collate it all.

I’m toying with the idea of setting up a new blog to cover the topic of WoW. I don’t want to have this page taken over by post after post on the subject and I get the feeling I might just end up doing that. Of course if I endlessly play the game I might not have the time for any posts on any subject. Although I’m sure Gill will keep a log of my playing time and inform me politely when she feels I’ve been spending too much time with the computer and not enough with her, at least I hope she will be polite.

Of course for this to be a problem I have to have a computer to play on and we took massive strides to sorting that out the other day. BT have been booked to come and put a phone point into the back room, replacing the Heath Robinson effort we are using currently, and a new computer has been purchased and is due for arrival in a couple of weeks. We are splashing the cash on a quite high specced machine from MESH with dual processors, powerful graphics card and 19” TFT monitor all for a jaw dropping £1.4K. This baby is going to have to last us a looonnnggg while. I just need to sort out a broadband connection now. I’m thinking of remaining on Virgin but they have a download limit each month and I’m not sure if online gaming counts against this. Anyone out there know?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Chris,
I am pretty sure that it will count, as you will be tying up bandwidth. Is there no blurb on their website about gaming? Telewest have oodles of stuff about online gaming. It would be worthwhile checking out before you commit yourself further!

(-:
Steph