Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Another Fine MESH

This could be the last post I have to make from my old antiquated home set up or work PC because my gleaming brand new PC arrived yesterday morning. Now when I said could it was because I have no faith that I’m going to be able to get the whole thing up and working without any further hitches.

Further hitches I hear you ask? Well when the computer arrived all the boxes were there it just happens that the contents of the boxes were not what had been ordered, at least we were sent the wrong monitor. After Gills amazingly calm call to MESH to inform them of our disappointment at the error on their part, which is why she makes this sort of call and not me, we were informed that, yes, they had made an error and that they would dispatch the correct monitor presently. No apology or anything just the admission of error. Bastards.

Not wanting to let the situation get the better of my blood pressure I have tried to remain calm about the whole thing which has been helped greatly by Gill taking charge of the phone calls but it still rankles. Luckily I was able to use our old CRT monitor as a stop gap until the correct one arrives and the PC is set up. All I need to do tonight is set up the broadband connection which should be active today and, hey presto my World of Warcraft addiction can be fed to its hearts content...well as long as Gill lets me.

I had planned to have a days leave tomorrow to allow me to play all day but work is building up and I don’t want to leave too much hanging if I need to go for my surgery. As we approach the end of the financial year many of the drug companies are pushing trials to get them in the 2005 figures so there is always extra work at this time of year. I’m also due to be off on Friday but I’m determined that that will remain unchanged regardless of what work is sitting waiting to be done. I need the break and my alter ego is in need of some sneaky, slice and dice action.

No comments: