Monday, April 17, 2006

Home Run?


I had a better night last night, not a good one by any means, but better. I still woke with pain although perhaps only an 8 on the scale and with the help of some extra meds was able to get back off to sleep for a fitful but needed hour and a half. I was by this point quite knackered through the day and was able to snatch a couple of hours just lying on my bed which did help. It has now been 4 days since my surgery and I was thrown something of a curve ball by the medics, would I like to go home today? What? Did I just hear you right, home? I didn’t know what to say, of course I wanted to go home but I didn’t think my pain was suitably controlled yet, what should I do?

In the end I opted to stay on the ward for another night to try and get some more control of the pain. I didn’t feel sufficiently confident to trust my care to the current meds with no chance of an extra shot of something if required. I think this was the right decision to make it would have been unfair on Gill to put her in the situation of panicking about my meds. So I condemn myself to another day of boredom and stale hospital air.

No comments: