Thursday, November 17, 2005

Brain Damage

I’m obviously feeling worse than I thought, or at least my brain is atrophying as I sit here at home. Yesterdays ECHO appointment turned out to be nothing of the sort, I had in fact not read the appointment card properly (i.e. at all) and the actual date of my scan is Wednesday the 16th of January. I guess I took one look at the word Wednesday at put 2 and 2 together to get 23,465,798 just the sort of thing that sometimes infuriates me about my own patients. Memo to self - be more tolerant of the poor souls in future, they’ve got a lot on their minds.

I guess I made the error because I expected everything to be planned in the near future and I imagine it will be something that the consultant speeds up when I see him on Monday. I also received 2 different appointment dates for another MRI scan today so I guess we’ll sort that out as well whilst we are at it. Truth be told I just want the whole thing sorted as soon as possible, yesterday preferably.

This morning was spent delivering my sick note to work and passing on some helpful hints to the girl who is covering one of my clinics at the RVI. It was nice to see everyone, well everyone who wasn’t off on the sick or away on holiday, which amounted to about a third of the unit. I then popped in to the ophthalmology department to get my eyes tested to make sure there has been no damage caused by the hypertension. I was given the all clear but was left with blurred vision caused by drugs which hyper-dilated my pupils so Gill was pressed into giving me a lift back to sunny Wallsend.

Tomorrow I plan to take things nice and easily, watch a couple of DVD’s and listen to some music. I managed to sneak a copy of UFO’s new live offering into the house yesterday so will have a good look at that once my eyes are back in focus and it’s about time I completed my annual ‘best of the year’ compilation to send down to Rob in Harrogate.

2 comments:

Sid Smith said...

Blimey Chris - UFO??? Are you sure that's what the doctor doctor ordered?

Chris said...

Oh yes but I had better be careful in case they Shoot Shoot me whilst my health's Rock Bottom.