Saturday, July 23, 2005

It’s not the beginning, but it is a beginning…

OK, so here goes…

I’ve never been one for keeping a diary apart from a couple of dismal attempts in my teens so this could prove to be something of a short lived experiment. I guess that bar a couple of vague notions I have no real idea where I want to take this blog so things could change fairly regularly before they settle into some sort of format, you’ll just have to bear with me.

I might as well get some house rules laid down from the start…

  • I don’t do spelling…never could…still can’t, even with a checker.
  • I don’t do grammar…never could…still can’t, even with a checker.
  • I barely passed my English Lang. 'O' Level so don’t expect wonderfully florid prose.
  • I always get pulled up for poor time management in my appraisals at work so don’t expect me to be any better here. I won’t be posting daily.

I was going to add a few more to that list but I thought I might like to keep a few of you interested enough to pop back so I’ll save them for later. I bet you can’t wait.

I’ll skip the usual this is who I am and this is what I do introduction because I’ll need something to write about in future posts and I’m also a bit of a tease. The sort of stuff you might find posted here will cover a multitude of topics but mainly music, sports and alcohol…Lord I sound like your average Geordie bloke, lets hope the stereotype doesn’t stick, we’ll see.

To get an idea of what I’m trying to produce here you may like to check out Sid Smith’s Postcards From The Yellow Room. He is of course very talented but that would be no excuse for reading his stuff and not mine…well, OK, it would but don’t let that stop you.

No comments: